Monday, May 2, 2011

Strapped On The Running Shoes - Running

Today my surfing buddy said the waves were too small so we did not go out surfing like I was hoping so I was left to pick another exercise to try.  After debating it for a bit I decided to do something I have not done since my two knee surgeries, run!  I have not been able to run for a long distance in a while without my knees filling up with fluid so I was a bit nervous to see how this would go.

I decided to just go for so I went down to my local running shoe store and they directed me to a Saucony running shoe that was in their “Stability” category.  The shoes were not that expensive considering the quality.  I got them for about $80 before taxes after I joined their “VIP” club.  They also talked me into buying some new inserts with extra arch support and man I am glad they did.

After I got home I immediately put the running shoes on and went for a light jog around my neighborhood.  I ran for about 1.25 miles and decided that was enough for my first day back.  My ankle, knees, and back started to hurt a little towards the end so that was my indicator that I did enough for that day.  It’s all about baby steps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More