Friday, May 13, 2011

Collapsible Carbon Fiber Surfboard - Surfing

I came across this article and could not resist sharing.  This is a collapsible carbon fiber surfboard designed by Nicholas Notara.  The frame is made of carbon fiber making it incredibly light I am assuming.  The carbon fiber design, to me, is not even the best part.  The kicker, is that you can break it down by engaging a quick release lever and then flipping two pins on top.  This will break the board down in half after you remove what looks like a center strut pole from the middle.  The bar appears to insert into both halves providing a solid backbone for the board.



The board also has 5 fin slots, allowing for a wide variety of fin configurations to fit your riding style.  I do not have the dimensions of this board and would love to see a version of this for a longboard.  This to me would be a great idea to help with transporting a 9'0'' board.


I would not want to be on the receiving end of a direct nose hit from this board judging from the image below. 


Based off of this image it looks as though some assembly may be required...


I would love to know how much a board like this would cost.  The price is a moot point at this time anyway, this board is just a concept design at the moment.  I can't wait until someone is able to mass produce this design.


2 comments:

Any way to get in touch with this Nicholas Notara guy or C2.

Wonderful post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?

I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Kudos!
Visit my homepage :: camo shorts for women

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More