Friday, April 29, 2011

Heading Back Home - Surfing

Today I am heading back to Southern California! I have been out East for over a week for some personal reasons but can’t wait to get back and start hitting the waves. I bought 2 completely different style boards just to see what the main differences between them are.

One of my boards is a 7’6’’ “pop out” board with a pointed nose, a lot of girth in the mid section, and a narrow tail. The other board is a 6’6’’ “fish” shape board. I wanted to get both a short board as well as a longer board to test out the very popular idea that “EVERYONE SHOULD LEARN ON A LONG BOARD!”. I am sure this is probably correct but I figured I would give a shorter board a shot a few times just to mix it up a bit.

Today is Friday and I should be hitting the waves for the first time with my co-worker on Monday right after work. I have been looking forward to this all week! I will definitely keep you posted on the results of my first trip out with an experienced surfer. I will also post up some pics of both boards I currently own once I get back in SoCal.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More